WOrkshops & Events
Forestry Field Days
1/2 day program
Bring your students to our Demo Forest in Lyman in October to participate in a Forestry Field Day. Activities include data collection for a FIG (Forestry Inventory Growth) plot, identify invasive forest pests, tree & wildlife ID (Who lives here), Woodcutting demo.
Another option is to host us on your school grounds. We will bring the forest to you!
Contact our Melissa, Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2018 Workshops (unless otherwise noted please contact our Office for FMI or to register for one of these events)
- March 27th – Stream Smart Workshop – Nasson Communtiy Center,SPringvale 8am-12:30pm (Please register with ME Audubon)
- March 27th – YCFN Potluck and Pollinator Habitat presentation 5pm potluck & 6pm presentation Anderson Learning Center, 21 Bradeen St., Springvale, ME 04083 (please register with UMaine Cooperative Extension – York County office
- Septic System Installers Workshop – March 28th at Saco City Hall 8am-4pm
- Basic & Advanced Erosion Control Workshop – March 29th at Saco City Hall 8am-4pm
- YCSWCD Annual Meeting November 2018
Envirothon for HS students
Attend one of the Fall Field Days to get your students prepared to compete inthe Maine Envirothon next Spring. Teams of 6 students work together to answer questions in the topics of Forestry, Wildlife, Aquatics, Soils & a Current Issue poster presentation. Teams come from High Schools, Home School groups, Scout groups, 4-H etc.
Check out the Maine Envirothon page.
Extend your growing Season
Learn the best techniques for extending your growing season on your farm.
We work closely with the Natural Resources Conservation Service to provide technical & financial suoort to new & expanding farms throughout York County
Programs include High Tunnels, Iriigation, cover crops, Fencing & more.
Conservation at work for you
We provide a wide range of technical assistance for landowners throughout York County.
Urban Engineering reviews
Grant writing & Project Managment for watershed programs
Our Monthly Board Meetings are held the 2nd Thursday at our Office in Springvale Starting at 7pm. Please feel free to join us!
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the York County SWCD prohibit discrimination in all their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).
To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326 W, Whitten Building, 1400 & Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA and YCSWCD are equal opportunity providers and employers.